|TOTAL COMPENSATION:||$100,000 - $175,000+|
|BENEFITS:||up to $7,500|
At VRP, we love what we do because we’ve got the perfect merger between luxury and work.
We're a boutique agency with a high-performance team environment and family-friendly culture, offering lots of support and growth opportunities to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
We’re also intentionally small with a flat corporate structure, and we like it that way. We get to avoid the mind-numbing bureaucracy that most companies are burdened with, and we have the freedom to compensate our team very well with top of the market salaries and benefits.
And now, we’re looking for an outstanding sales producer and relationship builder to join our growing team as a new portfolio manager.
As a portfolio manager, you’ll be communicating and building long lasting relationships with some of the best luxury villa management companies and resorts, located in some of the most beautiful & exclusive destinations across the globe. You’ll be responsible for building new relationships, strengthening current ones, growing both the size and quality of our international luxury villa portfolio, as well as helping to optimize & capitalize on lucrative revenue opportunities within.
It’s the perfect lifestyle job offering a truly unique harmony between work and the finer things in life.
***Special instructions on how to apply and to ensure your application actually gets seen and considered further below.
About the work lifestyle at V R P :
We’re extremely fortunate to be working in a super cool luxury space. And while there’s no denying that we can sometimes accomplish way more when we’re all working together in the same place, we work remotely or from home 90% of the time.
We have the luxury and freedom of being able to engage our brains and talents to accomplish high-value work, in an industry we’re extremely passionate about, and without the hundreds of distractions that come with the traditional office space.
Imagine no longer having to go through the repetitive misery of the daily commute...
Imagine being able to take your time in the morning, and never having to rush out the door without spending quality time with your family...
Imagine not having to be stuck in gridlock traffic, or feel claustrophobic next to random strangers, jam-packed like sardines in a over-stuffed bus or train with zero fresh air circulation...
Imagine never getting home late, missing dinner, or missing your kids bedtime...
Imagine no longer having to waste a Saturday or Sunday doing all the chores you couldn’t get done during the week - like taking care of the lawn, going to the store, paying or renegotiating bills, etc…
And just imagine everything else you can accomplish with the 1-2hrs per day (that’s 5-10hrs per week, and 20-40hrs per month) you spend commuting…
Here’s the brutal truth - the average daily commute is not only terrible for the environment, the science behind just how brutal it can be on your personal health is mounting, and it all points to the same conclusion; it’s horrible for both your physical and mental health, and it takes a HUGE yet overlooked toll on your personal relationships.
The daily commute adds a ton of stress, and it’s associated with an increased risk for obesity, insomnia, stress, neck and back pain, high blood pressure and other stress-related ills like heart attacks and depression, and even divorce.
Essentially, the longer the commute, the higher the risks.
Needless to say, we do our best work when we don’t have to stress out about beating the rush or worry about finding time for life.
Growth opporunity & benefits of working at V R P :
We're a high-performance boutique agency and a leading authority in the luxury villa rental industry, successfully managing millions in bookings for luxury villas located in some of the most beautiful & exclusive places across the globe.
It's no secret that getting in at the earlier stages of a strong company is probably your best bet for a fast-tracked lucrative career with a ton of opportunity to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities. We are that company.
You'll earn more than anyone else working in a similar role in our industry. We pay top of the market at VRP, often 1.5X-2X or more than what you'd earn in a similar role at most of our biggest competitors.
If you excel and display a strong commitment to your work and teammates, you can expect to start earning north of $175,000+/year within just 2-3 years.
We also offer awesome benefits such as, but not limited to:
- 4-day work weeks at least once per month
- $1,000/yr stipend for home office
- $1,000/yr stipend for fitness & wellness
- $1,000/yr stipend for health and dental insurance
- 100% RRSP matching up to 5%
- 3+ weeks paid vacation PLUS an extra $2,000/yr to put towards your vacation
- and more...
We don't hire backgrounds, we only hire top talent, and this is a chance for the right person to be an important part of building something truly special within our progressive company. But please, don’t apply unless you are an overachiever and can prove it.
What you'll be working on:
1. Account Management & Growth;
• offer AMAZING customer service;
go the extra mile for your clients
find new ways to upsell and/or cross-sell services for our clients
continuously follow client reports in order to offer valuable advice if and when needed
find new ways to help you and your peers offer amazing customer service
write a monthly newsletter to stay in touch with your clients
• keep track of everything in the Client Support CRM (helpdesk);
import all new clients into the helpdesk software
stay on top of client requests
keep detailed records of interactions with clients within the helpdesk
• keep track of all analytics related to the accounts you manage by helping to generate and reviewing monthly analytics/revenue reports for each of your clients
• learn EVERYTHING about the properties and markets in which they are located, in order to fully understand and monitor competition, inventory & demand growth rates, as well as revenue potential
• develop new relationships with service vendors in order to provide more value to clients through new products and services
2. New Portfolio Acquisitions & Management;
• optimize physical & digital sales funnels by creating engaging & thorough content that is tailored to the client personas resulting in higher click-through conversion rates, stronger lead quality, and faster portfolio growth
• master email marketing and sales messaging in order to close more business
• master inbound PPC campaign management strategies & techniques to optimize lead volume and quality
• understand that the client comes first and that making them feel that way will be the key to our success
• managing multiple client request simultaneously via inbound/outbound telephone calls to provide information & assistance
• perform proactive follow-ups with clients and potential clients
• meeting and exceeding monthly growth targets
• build new and manage ongoing relationships with clients with the goal of building a lifetime clients for VRP
3. Continuously growing and expanding your general sales/marketing AND vacation rental marketing expertise;
• weekly research and reading industry blogs and news
• read sales, business development, and leadership books every month to keep growing your skills and effectiveness in your position
• weekly research and reading about sales & marketing copywriting to improve your sales, marketing, and online conversions skills
• write articles in order to provide potential clients or readers with valuable advice to help them grow or manage their vacation rental businesses better (more bookings, higher profits, cut costs, manage better, etc...)
We particularly value the following 6 behavioural traits and skills -- meaning we only hire/promote people who are extraordinary role models for the following:
1. You always do the right thing;
You treat people with respect, regardless of their status or opinions.
You are non political and have no ego when you disagree with others.
You're known for your candor & transparency, you see dishonesty as intolerable, and you always do the right thing.
2. You must be intrinsically motivated;
You are tenacious, and inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
You care deeply about your work and find great dignity in your own accomplishments, no matter the role you’re in, and rarely need external support or recognition from your peers.
3. You are a strong independent leader;
You perform at a higher level than most, and surpass the targets assigned to you.
You listen well instead of reacting fast, and you are articulate and and extremely clear in your speech and writing.
You have great emotional intelligence, you thrive in stressful situations, and you consistently come out on top in the face of adversity.
4. You are precise in your work;
You learn fast, implement fast, and make very few errors.
You are also very quick to spot and admit mistakes, and you’re even faster when it comes to helping fix them.
You hold great value in staying nimble, and you always find time to simplify and minimize complexity.
5. You think long term;
You have a tremendous amount of loyalty to your teammates, and you think strategically and prioritize well with an outstanding foresight of the bigger picture.
You understand that true internal growth and upward momentum is not determined by exterior recognition of your accomplishments or a change in job title, and you care most about achieving the goals and excelling within the role you are already in.
6. You are growth oriented
You extend trust to your teammates, and you proactively support and share information openly to help the team grow smarter and stronger as a whole.
You identify root causes that hinder growth, get beyond just treating short-term symptoms, and contribute effectively outside of your specialty.
You care deeply about VRP’s success and growth as a whole, and seek what is best the your team rather than what is best for yourself.
We look at "experience" differently. As a boutique agency currently at the forefront of our industry, we're doing a lot of things that haven't been done before, and "experience" doesn't necessarily prepare you for the unknown.
What we value most is your understanding of your own life experience, wether it’s from your past jobs, academic career, sports, coaching, etc… and how you think you can apply it to the position.
This position is a serious opportunity for the right person to make a significant impact and become an integral part of our company's future.
So, if you believe you've got what it takes, we want to hear from you!
Here's how to apply:
Please complete the form below to submit your application for this position